Opportunity for Spices Exporters in Tanzania
The International Trade Centre is implementing the “Market Access Upgrade Programme” (MARKUP), which aims to contribute to the economic development of the East African Community partner countries by improving their market access to the European Union (EU) and the East African region. Financed by the EU, the project supports agro-industrial crop and horticultural sectors, including avocado, in the five EAC partner countries including Tanzania.
Technical assistance scope: Processors and exporters in the spices sector are assisted to improve their access to the EU market by upgrading their processing capabilities and helping them build linkages with European spices companies.
The companies will be assisted through the following:
• Training on modern post-harvest and value addition technologies
• Participation in international trade fairs
• Facilitating linkages with potential investors
This EoI specifically is for inviting companies to participate to an ISO 22000 certification program. ITC will provide the following:
• Cost of a consultant to coach on the ISO 22000 certification requirements
ITC shall not cover:
• Costs of the certification process
• Any costs related to changes that companies need to make to become ISO compliant
MORE DETAILS ON SELECTION CRITERIA AND PROCEDURES AS WELL AS A QUESTIONNAIRE TO BE FILLED UPON APPLICATION ARE AVAILABLE HERE.